Last time I was working in an office environment, I ballooned from a size 6 to a size 14 in less than a year. There was a lot of snacking and not a lot of moving. I invested in a heavy-duty cable package and a comfortable couch. Then one day I looked at my old-lady ass and could not believe it belonged to me…at 25-years old.
Since then (4 years later) I’ve been busting my butt to stay active and eat well. Lately, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, if you’ve read any posts since October, I’ve been slacking.
In an attempt to avoid the downfalls of office life, I’ve stocked my desk with the following acceptable munchies (I also have a mini-fridge, so that’s an amazing help):
1. Cocoa roasted almonds (not chocolate-covered)
4. Cottage cheese
5. Dark chocolate squares (70% cocoa)
6. Holy Crap! Cereal (non-GMO, organic, lactose and gluten free, high protein)
8. Rice cakes and natural peanut butter
10. Pink grapefruit cups (Kirkland brand; Del Monte is too high in sugar)
11. Protein shakes
I always have something to snack on and I’m never hungry.