The past two weeks have been a real shit-show, phsycically. I have decided to put a stop to it as of right now, by creating a list of things that I like (in no particular order):
1. Strong Coffee. I will drink it anytime, anywhere.
2. My Family. These people are amazing and if I had to pick a family, I’d still saddle myself with the one I already have. I don’t know many people who would honestly say that.
3. Animals. Is there anything better than your pet, or someone else’s, greeting you at the door?
4. Free Workshops. Let’s share the knowledge! Thank you to the people who are willing to take the time to provide handy how-tos to those of us who do not know how-to.
5. Regulars. Sure, spontaneity can be amazing, but I’d like to give a shout-out to those of you who have a spot that they like to visit more often than not. Your bartenders, servers, baristas, shopkeepers, and other regulars like when you make your scheduled appearance.
6. New Friends. It’s amazing when someone opens themselves up and makes room for you in their life.
7. Good Manners. I love when people hold doors open, use their pleases and thank-yous, give up seats, let people ahead in queue, turn off obnoxious electronics in the presence of others, and pretend not to notice when you’ve done something horribly embarrassing. Being well mannered is an underrated quality.
8. Spectacles. Okay, crappy eye-sight sucks, but a cool set of specs is always appreciated. I like when people dare to be different with their frames. I like when little kids wear glasses. I like when people ask where I got my glasses (thanks, Karl!).
9. Birds. I watched a parrot take a bath this week and it was pretty much the best showmanship I’ve seen in awhile.
10. Playing Cards. I’m talking about sitting at an actual table, with flesh and blood people. This is something I’d like to do more of–an after-dinner card game is the perfect way to spend an evening.